Tuesday, August 31, 2010

BEDA #30: Owls?

There is literally and owl hooting outside my bedroom. It's the weirdest thing. I've never heard a legit owl hoot in my life. I think it's really cool actually =]

SO TODAY'S THE LAST DAY OF BEDA! It's surely been a crazy month. I've honestly really enjoyed writing on the blog everyday, so much that I know I'll keep up with it more often, just to check in and such. It's remarkably therapeutic at the end of the day to either do a write up of my day or talk about something that was on my mind. I'm kind of going to miss it, even if I did fail just 13 days in xD

So, true to my fashion, I'll give you a summary of my day and then maybe do something I haven't done in a while... You'll see =]

So I got up at 6:30, took Tiger Transit in to campus, was the first one in Foy so I had a nice little chat with Jeri's daughter, Jenna, and had a wonderful jazz class. We started learning a routine where we have partners and one of us mugs the other. Kelly Davino mugged me. It was great =P

Voice and Movement told me some new things about my body, but honestly, I love that class. Just learning the whacky anatomy that we have is enough to simultaneously freak me out and fascinate me.

I had my voice lesson at 12:30 for the first time, and I think I might want to switch back to my regular 3pm, provided I can get Ben to switch with Kelly instead of me. He wanted 3:30 anyway.

So I rushed from my voice lesson to the science classrooms for my lab section of Concepts of Science. I walk in... there are no lab tables. I was like, what kind of lab
is this?

Interjection: So I just realized that the reason why my blog compositions have been in the HTML format was because it had accidentally been switched to the "Edit Html" tab instead of the "Compose" tab. Which I JUST FIGURED OUT! I've been suffering through not being able to change my font size or kind for a week now! *STUPID*

Back to regular programming.

So I sit down at the table, and our GTA gets started, and he's this really southern geologist guy who seems really passionate about his classes, which got my attention, and then I realized that I hadn't done half the homework.

FML.

So I felt really stupid and unprepared (because I was) and I'll tell you now, I HATE feeling unprepared. It's like, the worst feeling to me to walk into a class and not have my work done. It just makes me feel like a failure, and I'm not exaggerating about that. I feel disappointed with myself FAR more than the professor could ever make me feel. So that's how I was feeling, and I just couldn't wait to get out of there and escape the never-ending reminder that was my stupidity.

I rushed straight from there to Piano Skills, which was easy, as usual, but I love Dr. Vauth, so it makes up for it to be able to spend 2 hours with him a week. It was so cute! I was standing outside Joey's office before my voice lesson, and Dr. Vauth's office is right across the hallway, and he was in there and had his door open, and he said "Hello" to me! I was like, "OMG!" So adorable.

So I went up to the theatre office to wait for Kelly to get off work so she could take me home, when I ran into Sarah-Jean in the green room. So Sarah-Jean gave us a ride to Kelly's apartment where Kelly gave me a ride home. How lazy are we? =P

So I went over my callback music, showered, dressed, ate leftovers from last night and went back to the theatre for my Fantasticks and Machinal callbacks! I was really excited that I'd gotten a callback for both productions. Fantasticks was first, and overall I thought it went pretty well. Very strong. Except for the crazy high Cs in Round and Round. I thought my throat was going to close on me. Not good.

Machinal was short (I was called back for a pretty minor roll, but I'm ok with that. We'll see if I'm on the callback list for tomorrow, too) and I finally got home just before 9pm and now I'm exhausted and sitting here, listening to the Light and the Piazza soundtrack, typing this all for you.

I guess now I'll do the not-so-typical Madeleine portion of this post: A Myspace Survey! That's right, I'm going old school, just for you guys, in honor of my last BEDA post. Now the trick is to find one...

I stole this from Anna, who does these a lot and posts them as Notes on Facebook xD

1. What time did you get up this morning?
6:30am

2. How do you like your steak?
medium rare

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Inception

4. What is your favorite TV show?
BONES! So excited for the season premier Thursday, September 23!

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
I would go everywhere I want to first, then decide. I couldn't possibly know yet since the only places I've been other than the U.S. are Canada (which almost didn't count) and France.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
Cheerios

7. What is your favorite cuisine?
Probably Italian. It's just so comforting and delicious. But I do love sushi, so Japanese is up there too.

8. What foods do you dislike?
brussel sprouts, yams, squash. wow that sucks, since they're all so good for you.

9. Favorite Place to Eat?
Oh goodness, everyday kind of stuff, Moe's is up there. Special occasions? I've found that Warehouse Bistro is fabulous.

10. Favorite dressing?
Caesar

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
N/A

12. What are your favorite clothes?
the ones that I feel flatter me and the ones that are comfortable.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
The list is endless. New Zealand, Japan, Italy, Norway, England... basically all Western and Eastern European countries, extending to Romania and Turkey. All the places that are visited in the book The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
full

15. Where would you want to retire?
NYC or around friends and family

16. Favorite time of day?
night

17. Where were you born?
DC baby =]

18. Bird watcher?
nope, but I have a friend who is.

19. Are you a morning person or a night person?
night

20. Pets?
Dog Gennie and cat Willy. But we just call him Cat.

21. Any new and exciting news that you'd like to share?
Uhh... nope, the earlier portion of this post sums it up rather nicely =]

22. What did you want to be when you were little
It changed a lot. Vet, Doctor, Dentist, Astronomer, idk, there were more.

23. What is your best childhood memory?
there are too many to choose from

24. Are you a cat or dog person?
dog

25. Are you married?
no

26. Always wear your seat belt?
always, always =]

31. Been in a car accident?
does the hood of the car flying up and crashing into the windshield count?

32. Any pet peeves?
there are a lot, but I can't think of specifics right now. My brain isn't really functioning.

33. Favorite pizza topping?
meat

34. Favorite Flower?
ohh goodness. I'll say snapdragons as an AVPS joke, but I don't actually know what they look like xD

35. Favorite ice cream?
anything chocolately, less caramely.

36. Favorite fast food restaurant?
Wendy's

37. Apparently Anna accidentally deleted this question before reading it. So I can't answer xD

38. From whom did you get your last email?
School: My lab professor. Personal: Modcloth

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Barnes and Noble, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie

40. Do anything spontaneous lately?
... Not... yet? Hopefully something soon. We'll see.

41. Like your job?
I do. I like making things in the costume shop.

42. Broccoli?
yum

43. What was your favorite vacation?
France, by far. But ASoA was pretty much on par, if you consider that a vacation. I view it more as a trip.

44. What are you listening to right now?
AVPS

45. Do you play the Wii?
nope

46. Favorite color?
green and purple

47. How many piercings?
2

48. Coffee drinker?
Not avidly, no.

49. How many children do you have?
0, thank the Lord.

50. How many siblings do you have?
0, sadly.

I would say Till tomorrow, but it's not necessary anymore! Until next time, then! =]

HPRT: My new friend Ben and I quoted AVPS between readings at the Fantasticks callbacks. It was amazing. And I'm fairly certain we freaked a few of my friends out in the process. Even better =]
Current Book: An Integrated Course in Elementary Japanese I
Current Song: Say It Somehow from The Light in the Piazza

No comments:

Post a Comment