Thursday, August 19, 2010

BEDA #18: Second "first" day

I'm stealing the title from Kelly's blog post about today. Oh well =P

It was infinitely less stressful today than it was yesterday, but more exhausting because the lack of sleep is finally catching up with me. Jazz this morning was freaking awesome. I'm gonna totally love working out like that first thing every morning, and I'm soooo going to be feeling sore tomorrow. It's gonna suck trying to walk anywhere xD

Sarah-Jean and Jennie and I stopped at Starbucks for some caffeine before we trekked back up to the theatre for Voice and Movement Fundamentals, which will be a cool class, and I'm looking forward to working with Joey in a legit classroom setting.

Lunch break was awesome and long, just as it should be, and Piano Skills is looking... somewhat... less intimidating, just because Dr. Vauth is like, the most adorable little man EVER, with his cute German accent and shy, quiet speech. He plays piano like a freaking God, though. I've heard him practicing before. It's insane.

My first voice lesson, while I did not sing, was immensely successful. I have now been assigned four songs, as well as received sheet music for all of it AND my audition song for The Fantastiks. Joey and I were highly productive =]

I also ironed out my schedule for work with Miss Tracy. Looks like Fridays are gonna suckkkk. But oh well. I'd rather have the money in the long run. Plus, this is a skill that I feel will probably benefit me greatly in the coming years. I'm looking forward to making clothes that people, you know, actually wear and stuff. Maybe make myself something. Or a lot. You never know.

Sarah W. is soooooo freaking nice, she's actually giving me her old sewing machine. That's right. Giving it to me. She got a new one in like, June for her birthday, so she wanted it to go to a good home where it will be taken care of. I was absolutely more than happy to take it off her hands, since I would like to start making things for myself now. I'm super excited. =]

Anyways, after that Jennie and Kelly C. and I went to Bizilia's for dinner to visit KDav at work. My panino was very yummy. I have a feeling that I'm going to be hungry later, though.

Now I'm at home, and I attempted to read Chapter 1 of my Concepts textbook, but honestly, he's going over the most important points in class anyways, and I always take notes and such, so why bother? As long as I do the study guide, I think I'll be fine. As for my Japanese homework... I don't know, I did the pages in the workbook like she said to, and I (for the most part) memorized how to write my name in Japanese, but I'm afraid we're going to have a quiz or something on the basic greetings page she gave us yesterday. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO EXPECT!! And it's the not knowing that makes this suck so much. Grr.

So we'll see if I can walk tomorrow, and also what my math class is going to be like, since it's all effed up at the moment.

Till tomorrow.

HPRT: My obsession of Harry Potter was referred to by a classmate today as "unhealthy." Mission accomplished =P
Current Book: The Sciences (my Concepts textbook)
Current Song: Much More from The Fantastiks

1 comment:

  1. I would say study ahead for Japanese. If it's anything like the language classes I've taken here thus far, it's never bad to review every BIT of material covered in class and then some. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete