Saturday, August 7, 2010

BEDA #7: Down by the river...

Woke up today, earlier than yesterday (saaaaad) to a Chi Latte sitting on the table next to me. Yay for Starbucks runs! So we started off by packing up all our stuff and getting it to the car, because we switched hotels. While we were waiting to check in, they held our stuff behind the desk, and we went to check out the Richardson-Owens-Thomas house, which was really beautiful and still in very good condition.

We then checked in, and headed down to the Arts and Crafts fair. Mom got this really pretty necklace, and I got a ring, and then we checked out the shops down there, and I got this adorable turtle necklace, and I wore it around most of the rest of the day. After a couple hours, we headed back to the hotel to chill out. Mom and Dad got dressed earlier to go to the Wine and Cheese tasting in the lobby of our hotel, while I showered and got dressed myself. So much walking, so much getting gross... I just wanted to feel... not gross... for once this trip. It was nice.

At 9:30 we walked right across the street to the restaurant The Pink House (named so, obviously, because it is pink, but it's only pink because one of the three city-wide fires heated the outside so much that the red hue from the brick stained the paint on top of it. I learned that on the trolley tour yesterday xD) for dinner. SO LATE! I'm not used to eating dinner that late, but it was so worth it. Our waiter first complimented me and my mother for our outfits, and then gave me a wine glass like I was going to drink wine. I was like, well I'm flattered that you think I'm old enough to drink wine, but no xD.

Our food was delicious! I went traditional and got the chicken pot pie, but I had a bite of my mom's flounder, and they were both outstanding. Key lime pie for dessert, and by that time it was 11 and we were all exhausted. Now I'm writing, with 5 minutes left to get this up. Can I do it??

Till tomorrow!

HPRT: "But how do I kill the children? I don't want to hurt them..." -Umbridge, AVPS. I'm thinking unless I actually have a funny HP moment during the days, I might just quote AVPS xD
Current Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Current Song: Maybe Tomorrow by The Remus Lupins

No comments:

Post a Comment