Thursday, August 5, 2010

BEDA #5: Shark Week?

So I'm sitting in a hotel room in downtown Savannah, GA, watching Shark Week. Tell me how that adds up?

I've heard so much about Shark Week all week, and I don't really know why everyone gets so excited about it, but I must say, sharks are very intriguing creatures. They amuse me, but mostly they scare me to death. This is the kind of programming that Sarah-Jean should watch.

Last line I heard: "This could be the monster I came here for."

Seriously? They're SHARKS! They don't attack unless provoked. This is too amusing. I love the dramatic music in the background, too.

Ok, enough about water-dwelling predators. Today my parents and I rented a car (a new Nissan Altima. I WANT IT FOR REAL!) and drove from our house in Auburn all the way to Savannah. It has a very cute downtown, full of history and (especially) mystery. All we really did today was walk through the suffocating heat around the area by the riverwalk and go to a really great seafood restaurant. I had catfish for the first time ever, and I can see why it was my grandpa's favorite. The crab cakes were Maryland style (the ONLY style =P) and the peel-and-eat shrimp was a great contrast to all the breaded food I ate.

UPDATE! THEY JUST KILLED THE SHARK! How dare they. My mom turned the channel. We don't want to watch them kill them for no reason. T_T

Anyway, we just just got back from looking around the square just down the street from our hotel. We went in search originally for some ice cream but ended up finding a gelato store right next to some live musicians. I got the Death by Chocolate gelato, and we took it outside to listen to the music and watch kids frolic in the fountain. We strolled around the area, popping in stores occasionally, including the Paula Deen store next to her restaurant Lady and Sons. They had a cardboard cut-out of Paula Deen in the store. WEIRD.

Tomorrow I think we're going on a couple tours, including a trolley tour and a special tour that I will save for later to talk about =]

That's it for me today. Looking forward to the rest of this trip.

Till tomorrow!

HPRT: I quoted Umbridge from AVPS all the way through dinner tonight, mostly the cheesecake/fondue monologue xD
Current Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Current Song: Not Over Yet from A Very Potter Sequel

No comments:

Post a Comment