Sunday, August 29, 2010

BEDA #28: The Emmy's *spoilers*

I'm just sitting on my couch watching the Emmy's right now. I'm kinda pissed about the fact that Lost didn't win for ANYTHING it was nominated for. For starters, I'm sorry, that guy from Breaking Bad has already won the Emmy 3 times. Matthew Fox deserved it sooo much more. Second, I understand that both Terry O'Quinn and Michael Emerson have won Supporting Actor before, but once again, Breaking Bad beat both them out when that show is still on the air, and Lost is over. For good. WHY???

It just made me extremely sad. But Clare Danes is on right now, so I can live with that. I kind of love her. AND Jane Lynch won for Glee. So deserved it's not even funny.

I spent all day doing homework and memorizing monologues. My Fantastiks audition is pretty solid, but I'm having some issues with my Machinal monologue. Maybe it's because it's so much longer, or that it's heightened text, I don't know. I know the lines, it's just the order. That and the flow of some of the lines as well. It's a little frustrating.

Interjection: Jewel's song for the In Memorium portion of the Emmys was beautiful. I still can't believe that Rue McClanahan is gone. Crimes.

Anyways, auditions are tomorrow, and I'm slightly nervous. I really want to get in a show this semester, but at the same time I'm completely swamped with my 18 credit hour schedule. I don't think I'm ever going to do another 18 hr schedule ever again. No more. It's already ridiculously stressful.

So. Auditions. Right. I'm excited for the shows this semester. I have a feeling that a lot of my friends will be in shows this year, and I want to see them shine and have their moments. Sarah-Jean is already ripping it up in The Birthday Party, and I'm super excited to see how that one turns out.

Another big deal this semester is the SETC screening in October. I don't for sure know what I'm doing, but I think I'll be doing a 1 minute song, 30 sec. monologue. Singing is truly my strength, and I hope that some production companies see that. We can only hope! *fingerscrossed*

A really fun development over Thanksgiving break has occurred recently. Nothing is permanent or certain, but there is a very good chance that Jennie, Kelly C and I will be going to the New York City Wizard Rock Festival in Brooklyn on November 21st!! We'd be going up just for the weekend, since the event itself is on a Sunday, and hopefully we'd be getting home the next day on the Monday of Thanksgiving break. No telling, but it's looking good, and we're all ridiculously excited and anxious for it to happen.

Interjection: CLARE DANES JUST WON! YAY!

So that's what's going on at the moment... We'll see how things unfold this week and in the weeks to come.

Till tomorrow!

HPRT: I made it so that my laptop background is changing pictures of my ASoA trip. Hooray for high-def images of Darren Criss, the Joe(y)'s, and wizard rockers galore. Hopefully I'll be getting legit videos and pics of them on stage in a few months time!
Current Book: The Sciences (I hate Concepts homework)
Current Song: Looking For Trouble by The Remus Lupins

No comments:

Post a Comment