Sunday, August 8, 2010

BEDA #8: To the beach!

Fun times today! We woke up and headed to the beach at Tybee Island at about 12pm, and basically all I did was read Harry Potter under the umbrella. I went in a few times, and didn't get burned really at all! So proud!

I got sand everywhere, and the wind cooled down the area so much that when we finally left at 4, walking back to the car was unbearable in 90 degree heat. I didn't sweat at all at the beach, but I did in the 5 minutes it took to get to the car. WHY??

We went back to the hotel, and after de-sanding in the shower, we went out to a really high end stake house for dinner, which ended up giving me the best tuna I've ever had in my life. It was quite amazing.

We then just meandered the city for a bit before going over to a place called Lulu's Dessert Bar, where I got a flour-less chocolate cake and my mom got what they called a Lulu-tini, which was basically like liquid chocolate with vodka and she almost died it was so good xD

As we were walking back to our hotel, we passed an Anglican (Episcopalian) church that was having a Gregorian Chant service at 9, and we decided to go in since we all are suckers for that kind of thing. It turned out to be quite beautiful and the intonation of the choir was spot on. Now we're just chillin in the room. I'll probably finish HP7 tonight =]

Sorry for the short post.

Till tomorrow!

HPRT: My mom and I had a wonderful conversation about Snape and his motives for changing sides. It just reminded me why I love Snape so much.
Current Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (not for much longer!)
Current Song: The Bravest Man I Ever Knew by Ministry of Magic

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Gregorian chants that I've had the pleasure of hearing!!

    ReplyDelete