Friday, April 8, 2011

BEDA Day 8

It's April 8th. WTF?

I honestly have no idea where time goes. It just disappears. I am in some serious need of a Time Turner. For real.

In any case, I'm done with my two classes for the day, turned in my time sheet so I can GET PAID, and now I'm chillaxin in my room killing time before Ben and I go see The Scarlet Pimpernel tonight at Faulkner Dinner Theatre. I'm pretty excited, Ben loves this show, and he used to do shows at Faulkner, so it's gonna be an adventure =]

I'm considering using the lovely alone time in the house to work on a song that I bought last weekend to put in the Pop/Rock section of my audition book, since I literally have none and I don't often listen to the radio, so it's nice to have an option now. It's The Story by Brandi Carlile, which I recently re-discovered after the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy. As lame as that sounds, I remember when it was popular the first time around, and I really liked it then, but after blasting Sara Ramirez's version from my iTunes all week, I've become obsessed with it. After all, anything Sara sings, I can sing!

So I bought the sheet music and printed it off and I'm considering learning the piano part for fun, since, you know, I like to do that sometimes. I genuinely miss playing piano, and last semester, despite its annoyance, Piano Skills was fun. It reminded me that I am, in fact, a musician, and I have some skill at the piano, and I should have developed it further. One of my biggest regrets, as I'm sure I've mentioned on this blog before, is that I didn't continue taking piano lessons in childhood. Something about practicing for it and doing piano recitals made me want to throw up or faint or something. That's why I switched to taking viola lessons, because I never minded practicing that. Either way, I probably should have been an instrumentalist, but instead I'm pursuing this crazy career in acting and singing which I love... I have to many musical interests xD

So perhaps I'll take a break from my computer and do something fun AND constructive. Have a wonderful Friday, everyone, and try to avoid having to choose which seat to take =P

HPRT: LeakyCon is under 100 days away. FREAK OUT TIME!
Current Book: Still Anna and the French Kiss... alas, with my schedule, I'm at a standstill...
Current Song: The Story cover by Sara Ramirez

No comments:

Post a Comment