Sunday, April 17, 2011

BEDA Day 17

Guys. I know you know that I love Harry Potter. But I don't think you quite realize how far this love has gone or how ridiculous it's gotten.

I just watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 for the first time since it was in theatres over Christmas break, and let me just tell you. I don't care what anyone thinks, it is a brilliant piece of art work as a film, and one of the best book-to-film adaptations out of all the Harry Potter films. I know there are plenty of purists and skeptics and people who hate all the movies, but let me just tell you: If Elizabeth Lester finds almost no complaints with a Harry Potter film, and I myself find almost no complaints with a Harry Potter film, then that is a damn good film.

I don't even mind the additions. The dance in the tent between Harry and Hermione, the Tale of Three Brothers sequence and Hedwig's alternate death. It all just augments the intensity and sincerity of this film. I still don't understand how this masterpiece came from the same director who brought us the blasphemy of The Half-Blood Prince film, but whatever David Yates did with Pt. 1, I'm hoping just as much careful editing and sincerity went into Pt. 2. My pores are radiating with sheer anticipation for July.

Speaking of July, on with the countdown!

LeakyCon: 86 days
Pt. 2: 84 days

DYING. LITERALLY DYING RIGHT NOW.

I'm so excited, everyone. I hope to see a lot of you at LeakyCon, and I'll see you all tomorrow =]

HPRT: Really? Oh fine. Ummm... The Harry Potter Alliance has started to garner some real international attention for their Horcruxes campaign. I'm so proud of them =]
Current Book: Anna and the French Kiss
Current Song: Obliviate from the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment