Sunday, April 3, 2011

BEDA Day 3

I've always had OCD tendencies, but I've never really been one for hyper-organization. I like a little messy in my life. Usually it is found in the form of a nearly unrecognizable floor in my room. I'm too lazy to fold my clothes so they sit, clean but wrinkly, in the basket. I throw my textbooks all over the place. I don't remember the last time I dusted.

In high school I would always have a neat locker. That was about the extent of my OCD. But as I got into college, I've found that with the institution of the laptop has come a whole new way to take OCD to the next level. The name of that invention?

iCal.

I've always had a planner that I write my assignments in. In high school I used to decorate the cover to whatever show or musical I was obsessed with at the time. I got a planner for college, too, but as this school year has gone on, I've found that I use it less and less, but spend more and more time on my computer. So I tried using a Sticky note on my desktop for Homework assignments. It worked for a while, but as with most things, my fire for that kind of died and I lost track of it.

But then.


I discovered iCal. Let me just show you what my iCal looks like for the month of April. It's kind of disgustingly AMAZING.



I basically am in love with iCal. So much so that I stayed up until 2:30 yesterday morning adding my summer classes and fall classes that I've registered for but HAVEN'T STARTED YET. It's kind of ridiculous how excited I got about it. I made a To-Do list and deleted my Homework Sticky, which I never thought I'd do. I'm just blown away by the fact that I'm so excited for being organized. I should have had this in high school. It would have made my life so much easier xD

In any case, I'll try not to scare you any more with my extreme love of iCal. I'm still working on my effing Plot Chart, but I want to get most of it done before the week starts so I can talk to my professor about the one question I don't understand. But if you look at my iCal picture, the first five To-Do list items are all for Theatre History. Ridiculous.

So I'll just have this random excursion into my academic life be my post. I have a crap load of work to do, as you can probably tell xD

Have wonderful days of BEDA-ing, one and all!

HPRT: I keep getting tweets and youtube videos in my sub box about the screening of Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 and I keep avoiding them like the plague. STOP TRYING TO RUIN THE MOVIE FOR ME.
Current Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Current Song: Still The Story by Brandi Carlile, with Sara Ramirez's voice in my head xD

6 comments:

  1. So I see you're learning RENT lines....
    WHAT??
    Who are you? Where is this happening? Why am I not Mark/Roger???

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MalcolmH I'm doing the Take Me or Leave Me scene for my Musical Theatre Acting class and we have our rehearsal on Thursday =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok. I was worried that there was a local show of it that I wasn't a part of... I would be thoroughly upset that I missed auditions in that case. lol

    but that sounds like fun! hope you kill it like mercedes and rachel. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MalcolmH PLEASE. Bridget and I are going to be the hottest thing to hit the TU ever! (Bridget was Franca in Piazza. She is playing Maureen for the scene)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you get to play Joann. Something about you playing a black woman seems right. haha

    ReplyDelete