Monday, April 4, 2011

BEDA Day 4

THEATRE HISTORY MUST DIE.

Ok, now that that is over-with... xD

Do you ever get sick of people not knowing things that they should? So to make up for their lack of knowledge and instead of asking the person who's in charge, they ask you? Yeah.

So... that's kinda how my day went. How about yours? Here's to hoping you had better days than mine!

In any case, there are moments in life when you get some real clarity, and last night may have been one of those moments for me. I was talking to a friend who is very interested in Musical theatre like I am, but is three years younger than I am and hasn't started college yet. She kept talking about how she wanted to double major in theatre and something else that would provide a more secure job after graduation. She said that just a theatre degree wouldn't get her much... Which, you know, kinda made me wonder if that's what's going to happen with me, since that's all I'm getting, is a BFA Musical Theatre... But almost immediately I shoved that thought away.

Yes. Being an actor means you're not going to have job security. In fact, almost no job in the arts is going to be secure. But for whatever reason, maybe I'm dedicated, maybe I'm just crazy, that doesn't dissuade me at all. Yes, I will probably be eating half a packet of ramen for dinner every night. Yes, I will need to get a day job, probably waiting tables and audition my brains out for anything and everything. But that's just how it works. That's what I signed up for when I decided that this was what I wanted to do. There is no doubt in my mind that this is what I want, and it just seemed so silly to me to worry about things like job security. Job security isn't part of the deal in this business, so I just never even worried about it. And it felt really refreshing to know that I was still sure about this life knowing all I know about it. I don't know... I guess having that kind of clarity was unexpected.

Anyway, I recently (by which I mean just now) remembered that I won NaNoWriMo in the fall, and that my prizes still await my redemption!! So I'm downloading my free trial of Scrivener to see if I like it any better than word, and/or well enough to buy it, and I set up my CreateSpace account. Here's to hoping I can finish my novel by June 30th xD

Sorry for the sporadic post... It was kind of all over the place, but then again, I'm kind of all over the place right now! =P

Night, all!

HPRT: A ton of HP stars were in NYC today for the HP Exhibit. SO. JEALOUS.
Current Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Current Song: Cosmic Love by Florence + The Machine

4 comments:

  1. What exactly did you win in NaNoWriMo? Like, what did your story have that made it a winner?

    Also, are you open to readers? =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MalcolmH You "win" NaNoWriMo by reaching the required word count (50,000). At this point, the story is SO rough I don't want anyone to read it... it's so bad xD I need to edit SO MUCH and at this point finishing the story is more important...

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool. I couldn't imagine writing 50,000 words in a month. Have you written something of that magnitude before?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MalcolmH Nope. Not in that short a time.

    ReplyDelete