Wednesday, April 13, 2011

BEDA Day 13

Today has been interesting to say the least.

Started off by watching "O" in World Lit, since we just finished reading Othello. It's ok, but it's kinda strange... during the love scene, Odom (Othello) looks into the mirror that's hanging on the wall and sees Cassio. WEIRD.

Tap was fun, we added on to our Outcome piece and ran it a couple times. It's so warm outside and humid that I was disgusting by the end...

I sang in rep class today, too. Last time all school year, hooray! I sang "A Part of That" from The Last 5 Years, and it went really well. My mom told me after class that I had sung the hell out of the song, which is really weird because it's MY MOM, and she DOESN'T SWEAR. Not often, anyway. And not usually about my singing. It was a great new experience =]

Work was crazy fun today. For whatever reason I'm just really enjoying my job in the costume shop. I never thought I'd like sewing, but I really, really do. It's great to know that I have this awesome skill if I ever need it, and I can do a lot of things on my own now. We're working on shirts for the tap number in the dance show right now. So that's what I worked on.

But the best part was that my boss, Miss Tracy, got all the people on costume crew for Hamlet a pair of small scissors on a ribbon to wear around our necks as a present for opening. Since last night was my night off, I didn't get mine until today when I went in, so it was the nicest surprise EVER. I wore them all day and plan on wearing them tonight during the show. *happiness*

I decided to skip Theatre History and use one of my two free skip days to work on my World Lit paper, since I hadn't read the play or the Script Analysis chapter that was due for today, and I want to be able to go out tomorrow night instead of frenzily working on my paper the night before it's due. Plus, I hadn't used any of my skip days yet all semester, not even during Piazza, so I figured it was about time. I plan on going the rest of the semester, so what of it, right?

In any case, I got about two more pages of it done, so all I need is two paragraphs and I'm DONE. I'm so excited. I can't wait!

So here I am, sitting in the ridiculously FREEZING green room, wrapped in a blanket, trying to feel my toes and writing my blog post before I go change into my blacks. Which really just consists of me changing out of my shorts and into my jazz pants. Whatever. I'm preparing to travel to Denmark tonight, so you'll excuse me if I must dash off now.

I hope all of your Wednesdays were as good and productive as mine!

HPRT: Our sound check song is some crazy Dub-step remix to Hedwig's Theme from the first movie, and it's been playing in the green room for probably the last solid week.
Current Book: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight for World Lit paper.
Current Song: The Exodus from the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment