Monday, April 11, 2011

BEDA Day 11

5 MONTHS UNTIL I TURN 20.

You know. No big deal or anything. =P

It's interesting how things end up being either better or worse than you expected. Take, for instance, the production of Hamlet I'm working costume crew for right now. When I first found out we were doing Hamlet in the round, with heavy rock music and in only 90 minutes, I kinda freaked out. I'm a bit of a Shakespeare purist, and while it's good to have different interpretations every now and again, I still don't believe in radically changing things. Shakespeare is pretty much perfect the way it is.

So heading into this production, I was nervous. I have a lot of friends in it, and I was excited for them, because Shakespeare is so much fun, Hamlet especially. I was simultaneously excited and apprehensive going into Crew view last week, but I put aside my fears and tried to keep an open mind for the sake of my friends.

Lemme tell you. It was the right choice.

Say what you will about Shakespeare and the person who's directing it and the concept, but I'm gonna tell you, I'm very excited. Working on costume crew with 5 people is allowing one of us to sit out and watch it a night, and my turn to watch is opening night tomorrow. Having seen everyone in costume and make up backstage, I legitimately can't wait to see what I saw last Tuesday put together with all that AND the lights. I'm so proud of my friends who are involved in the show, and even though it's not perfect or ideal Shakespeare, it's absolutely entertainment and it's worth your time, even if you are a purist.

So haters put your insults in your back pocket for one night. Come out and see the show =]

Night, all!

HPRT: I found out that someone danced to Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter tonight on Dancing With the Stars. Kind of made my life!
Current Book: Beowulf for my World Lit paper
Current Song: Forward Motion by Relient K. It's all over Twitter right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment