Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BEDA Day 27

Ha. Wow. Would you look at that? 45 whole minutes with which to write this blog post!

I truly am sorry for how crappy the last couple posts have been. This week has just about killed me, and I honestly just have to get through tomorrow afternoon and I am done with classes. All I'll have are finals. Which, don't get me wrong, are going to suck, but at least classes are officially finished!!

Yesterday was hectic between trying to find time to eat amongst all I had to do. I don't even know if I mentioned the fact that I had my first mandatory audition as a BFA student on Monday, but I did, and it was for the first fall show next semester, called La Bete. I ended up getting a callback, which was last night, so between that and my Theatre History assignment, I was stressing pretty hard last night.

Turns out I got cast in La Bete, too, so we had our first company meeting after classes ended for the day. I'm really excited for this play! I was talking to my friend Garrett, who got cast as well and is in my BFA class, and he said that (referring to our characters) we have just enough lines to make our parts worth the effort, but so few that we can really concentrate on just having fun with the show. Everything about this cast is making me excited =]

Back to Theatre History though... I was lucky for my Godot assignment because of how much work I got done on it on Friday that I only stayed up until 12:30 last night. SO MUCH EARLIER than past Theatre History assignments. I put some last minute touches on it this afternoon and submitted it to Blackboard. It was like someone lifted an enormous weight off my shoulders, to see the other side of that assignment xD

Both my Jazz and Tap outcomes were this week, and I think all dances went really, really well! I have truly loved the dances we've done in my classes this semester, and all were really fun to learn and work on. I really have learned a lot this year, and I'm excited to keep going with my dancing through college.

So now I'm sitting in bed on the eve of my last outcome for the semester (MT Acting) and I'm loading some YouTube to catch up on (I'm SERIOUSLY behind. The amount of videos in my sub box is kind of scaring me...) and I'm pretty sure I'm fighting off some sort of upper respiratory illness but it's not in like, any kind of stage, I can just feel my lungs like, ache every time I breathe out... I'm sure that's not a good sign, but I haven't been sick all semester (*knocksonwood*) so I'm hoping that will continue until after finals and after I get my wisdom teeth out early next month. Being sick for that would SUCK.

I realize even this post wasn't that interesting, but all my creative juices were poured into that awful Godot assignment, so hopefully I'll be feeling more creative as the month draws very nearly to a close. Hard to believe April's almost over!

Hope your Wednesday's were all good!

HPRT: Apparently the trailer for DH Pt. 2 came out today, and I'm avoiding it like the plague. No spoilers, please!
Current Book: It's a play, but La Bete by David Hirson
Current Song: I Won't Say I'm In Love from Hercules (My friend Mallory sang it at the Senior BFA outcome that I went to tonight.)

No comments:

Post a Comment