Sunday, April 24, 2011

BEDA Day 24

I'm a terrible person. I always inevitably end up failing BEDA...

I swear I tried to post yesterday, but the internet doesn't work at Kelly's and for whatever reason Chris' iPhone didn't want to let me click inside the text box to type ANYTHING. It hated me! I swear it wasn't my fault!

But you know what? I'm not gonna let it get me down. I'm going to use that bonus post from a while back and claim that as my BEDA Day 23, how about that???

So. Yesterday was filled with the dance show (I went to BOTH performances for Kelly, Sarah Jean and Nancy =] ), shopping with my mother (I got a really adorable dress for my La Bete audition tomorrow, and two super cute shirts which I wore to usher in last night) and real talking until 3 in the morning with Chris and Kelly. It was relaxing and much needed, but it made getting up for church this morning extra difficult, even if the service I attended was an hour later than normal...

Either way, I'm sitting on my bed, in comfy clothes, considering taking a nap, but then realizing that I can't afford one because I need to memorize my monologue for auditions tomorrow. But even saying that I'm hypocritical because I've been catching up on youtube, reading people's blogs and playing Sudoku since I sat down to start memorizing about 3 hours ago. So much for productivity...

In other news, the season for next year has officially been announced. I found it had been printed on the program for Gotta Dance. I was kind of upset about this since last year we received an email in like, February telling us what this years' season was going to be, but that didn't happen this year because everyone was scrambling around to figure out what shows we were gonna do.

Overall... I'm pretty disappointed with our upcoming season. So many of the shows we're doing have super small casts, which isn't fair to all the BFA students and underclassmen who would like to be given a chance, and NO ONE wants to do Cabaret, except for a few random people, and most of the shows just seem extremely random. This years' season was incredible. It was so tight-knit and it flowed really well. We had huge-name shows, too. The Fantasticks, The Light in the Piazza and Hamlet alone were enormous draws, and Machinal and The Birthday Party and Summertime all made really interesting points and represented some really cool movements in theatre. Next season?? It just kind of seems smattered together.

Ah well. In the words of Beckett, "Nothing to be done."

Aw eff, Waiting for Godot has taken over my mind. I suppose for the purposes of getting my Godot assignment done for Theatre History, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but GEEZ it's so annoying. I hate that play.

The semester is thankfully coming to an end in two weeks after all my finals are over, and I legitimately cannot wait. It just sucks that all my finals (ALL OF THEM. ALL 4) are tests. This has never happened to me. I've always had like, a couple final performances and maybe one test, but more likely I had papers. This finals week is gonna kill me. Biology on Monday, World Lit on Tuesday, Theatre History on Wednesday and Musical Theatre Acting on Thursday. EFF. MY. LIFE.

I hope your semesters are less stressful than mine, and I'll see you all tomorrow for more blogging fun =]

HPRT: Last week I received my very own plastic snitch model! It sits on my desk now, but I'm hoping to permanently glue the wings in to the body (they keep falling out) and I would like to engrave "I open at the close" on it, and then put a little hook in it so I could hang it from something. It's adorable!
Current Book: Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. I know it's a play. So sue me.
Current Song: Caroline! by Mike Lombardo

No comments:

Post a Comment