Saturday, April 2, 2011

BEDA Day 2

Do you ever randomly miss movies from your childhood?

I was in our local book/movie/music store, Hastings, tonight, and at the ends of the aisles of movies were sale items. I ran across The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Hercules on DVD, and instantly I lusted after them. Only problem was that they were $14 each, and that's honestly not much of a sale. Then I came across The Pagemaster and The Prince of Egypt, both fabulous movies from my childhood. Those were only $6 each. But being surrounded not only by those films, but also by Mulan, Princess and the Frog, The Emperor's New Groove, The Rescuer's Down Under, and many other old Disney movies got me thinking. I haven't seen most of those movies in years and I truly miss them. It also reminded me that I don't own nearly enough Disney DVDs and that I'll try to build up my collection as I finish college.

But some movies just meant a lot to me when I was younger. The very prevalent ones I demanded that I own immediately, like Mulan and Sleeping Beauty and Tangled. But some of them were lost to me when I got older, like Pete's Dragon and The Great Mouse Detective and The Little Mermaid. So I've decided.

I MUST OWN ALL OF THESE MOVIES.

Goodnight xD

P.S. I ended up buying The Pagemaster and The Prince of Egypt. I look forward to watching the prior tonight before bed =]

HPRT: Apparently some website, as an April Fool's joke, came up with a new show premise called The Aurors to be aired on FX on July 31st. They almost had me going. It looked bad, anyway xD
Current Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Current Song: The Story by Brandi Carlile, but the Grey's Anatomy cover sung by Sara Ramirez. She's an effing genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment