Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BEDA Day 12

Kelly is playing "Harry Potter is Dead" by Ministry of Magic right now. I seriously want to cry right now. So many emotions swirling around about HP.... *le sigh*

Today has been a freaking awesome day! It started off with a canceled jazz class, which allowed me to sleep in a whole hour and a half extra, which is always a beautiful thing. I actually got to look decent today, as in not in a sports bra and shorts and t-shirt and looking like a slob. I wore jeans and a pretty shirt and my grey cardigan. Hooray for not looking bad!

MT Acting was fun, Bridget and I are so solid on Take Me or Leave Me that it's basically a joke. We're just having fun with it.

I was gonna work on my World Lit paper after that class, but instead Kelly and I went to Einstein Bagels to get lunch. I adore everything bagels with cream cheese. It's the only way to be =P

I'm working on a really gorgeous dress for the dance show at work in the costume shop, made of China silk and white chiffon. It's. So. Freaking. Pretty.

Great voice lesson with Joey, and he paid me a really great compliment today by saying that I've been in such good vocal standing this semester, and that I've figured so many things out that now I'm just singing really consistently. Consistency is a singer's bread and butter, so I'm so, so grateful for him to tell me these things and to have helped to me to figure them out over the past two years. Joey is truly a beautiful soul.

Biology wasn't as bad as I feared because we did not, in fact, get our test grades back, so we're offsetting the bad news for another 2 days. Hooray! AND. We got out of class wayyyy early, so now I'm at Kelly's dorm listening to MoM sing "Don't Leave" and it's beautiful.

So because I'm like, the world's worst blog topic chooser, Kelly thought I should talk about who my favorite Hogwarts professor is (not DADA, because they change so much). Sooooooo:

I honestly do think my favorite Hogwarts professor is Snape. It's so hard not to love him when you think about everything that he sacrifices and is put through growing up. Basically, the whole Prince's Tale chapter in Deathly Hallows is why I adore Snape. Just.... AH. You can just tell that he loved Lily so much and that even though James was horrible to him and they had such a tense dynamic, Snape would do anything for Lily. Some say that his motivations were selfish, that he only did what he did because he wanted Lily back, but... while that may be true, he still wanted to preserve what little of Lily Potter was still on earth, and that meant Harry. It was the love of Lily Potter that saved Snape from becoming a truly despicable human being. The fact that he was able to love anyone or anything shows how he's a stronger character than Voldemort. People tend to lump them together. Not me. Snape is one of the most layered, interesting characters that I've ever had the privilege to read about, and I will forever view him as my favorite Hogwarts professor. Yes, he's a douchebag while they're all at school. Yes, he's unnecessarily cruel to Harry and the others. But he comes through when he is most needed and ultimately sacrifices so much more than any of the other characters to do the right thing.

Ok. Heavy moment gone. RIP Snape, May 2, 1998 <3

I have to go now. I'm going to see Hamlet tonight on my one night off of costume crew. Hooray!!

HPRT: They're showing Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 on the MASSIVE JUMBOTRON in the FREAKING STADIUM next Thursday. I must drag Ben to see it!!
Current Book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Current Song: Lily by Ministry of Magic


No comments:

Post a Comment