Saturday, April 16, 2011

BEDA Day 16

Today is my father's birthday, and as such, I must have the obligatory, obnoxious:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

Ok. Now that that's done =]

Sorry for the crap post yesterday, it was so late and I had to be up in so few hours that I just wrote that...

Yesterday was long and hard. I woke up to turn my World Lit paper in, finish "O" in class, and then went to a really long, hard and pointless bio lab... I literally can't wait for this semester to end. I only have one lab left. Hooray!

Then Kelly D and I met up for lunch. We went to Toomer's Corner, which I didn't really know sold food, but it was a cute little deli type place. After that we window shopped downtown in some of the really cute clothes stores before we climbed into her car and headed over to the high school.

We've been trying to plan a Friday for WEEKS to go back to AHS, but we'd never been able to catch a day when our favorite professor was truly free to talk to us for as long as we wanted. However, yesterday finally opened up and we got to see Mr. Tindell!!

We got visitors passes from the front and headed over to the 800 building and it was just increadible to see him again!! I missed him so much. He's an incredible teacher, and I don't think he realizes how many people's lives he touches through literature. It's because of him that I got a 4 on my AP English Literature exam senior year, and I'll forever love him for that.

He asked me and Kelly how life's been going, and seemed genuinely happy for us when we talked about the Theatre and realized how much we love it. It was just so great to see him again.

We also stopped by the new theatre room and saw our former theatre teacher. It was interesting... xD

Then I went home for a little bit before I had to be at the theatre again for Hamlet. Which went smoothly, other than the tornado warning that pushed back curtain... We had to wait in the basement for the warning to lift and the actors could get ready againt. It also seemed to get longer every show we did...

After the show was over, we got everything ready as quickly as we could for the morning and then headed out because:

Houston had a Harry Potter party at his house!! We made butterbeer and watched the first movie (I really hoped we would watch the 7th one that just came out yesterday but Houston didn't want tooooo T_T ) and by the end of the movie it was just me, him and Jennie left. I got so many judgmental looks from everyone because I could literally quote the movie like it was nothing. So worth it!

Either way, I got home at like, 1:15 in the morning.

Then I woke up 6 hours later.

We had a 10am show ON A SATURDAY for Hamlet. Final performance. Unacceptable. But anyway.

This was actually a really great showing today. Things went better than they ever have and all we had to do after the show was costume strike. I was lucky enough to not have to go to strike because I'm not in a production studio and I wasn't in the cast, so I could go home to prepare for my daddy's birthday =]

My mom and I went all over town for last minute shopping and got him some presents and such. Overall I think it was fairly successful =]

Now we're watching Sherlock Holmes. I had hoped we would watch HP7, but honestly, at this point, I'm so exhausted from the week[end] that I'm afraid I would fall asleep and miss everything if we'd watched it tonight. I got him the Blu Ray/DVD combo pack for his birthday, and I pre-ordered my own copy of the same thing almost 2 months ago, but it won't come in the mail until TUESDAY. UNACCEPTABLE.

But anyway. I would like to be done with this post now, so I'll say goodnight to you all. I hope the rest of your weekends treat you well!

HPRT: I WANT TO WATCH HP7. RIGHT NOW. THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T YET IS KILLING ME.
Current Book: Need I say? It's the same xD
Current Song: Trogdor by Strongbad. I... don't know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment