Friday, April 29, 2011

BEDA Day 29

It's hard to believe how close we are to the end of BEDA. Some really fun and important things have happened this month, and I'm sorry if I've somewhat neglected my posts, or made them short or half-assed them. I guess we might be able to attribute it to me feeling that real life is more important than writing it all down...?

In any case, it's been really nice to return to this blog every day and relive each day as it happens, even if the events were less than pleasant. It's important to reflect on things as they happen, and even later on to gain perspective.

I watched a really important vlog from VEDA this month from Alex Carpenter from the Remus Lupins, and he talked about how just because something is amazing and incredible doesn't mean that it should last forever. Sometimes things that are these awesome experiences are better to remember than try to force to last. He was talking about wizard rock and the Harry Potter fandom, and cons like LeakyCon which is coming up oh so soon. I think I'm referring to school years and college experiences.

I had my last voice lesson of the semester yesterday, and my voice teacher and I were reflecting on the past two years of my life that I've spent at this school and with him. I've made some really important decisions and had some important growth experiences, even in the last four months, that have completely changed my life. If you had told me at the beginning of freshman year that I was going to be in the BFA program, have played Clara Johnson in The Light in the Piazza, and was about to have the most incredible summer ever, I probably would not have believed that any of that was possible.

Really, what it comes down to is confidence. There was just something about the knowledge that we were going to do Piazza that brought something out in me that I almost didn't know I had. I had almost this obsession with getting what I wanted that nothing was going to stand in my way. And that was the chance I needed to show everyone what I am capable of. I just needed one shot to prove that I can do this, that I can live this life, and thanks to Joey, I got it.

I have so much to be thankful for, especially when it comes to this semester. When Piazza ended, I was so depressed. I wanted it to last forever. But now I'm starting to realize that it's more important that it ended, because it taught me that all great things come to an end, and that I can learn from the experiences that I had through it. I grew closer to some amazing people, I figured out some important things about myself, I was moved by beautiful music and a beautiful story every night for almost two months, and I'll never forget any of it. I think I've finally come to a point in my life where I'm starting to realize who I'm going to become as an actor and as a person.

And that's really exciting.

I hope April has brought some great realizations for all of you!

HPRT: Still trying to stay away from the DH Pt. 2 trailer. It's harder every day.
Current Book: N/A
Current Song: N/A

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your blog every day this month. I realized I wouldn't be getting as much blog times after tomorrow's last BEDA post but todays blog put it in perspective. Glad to have been a reader.

    DFTBFA (the second "F" meaning freaking)

    ReplyDelete