Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shame on you, Pope. And musings on life.

Ok, the title only has relevance if you go down to the bottom of this post and read my Harry Potter Related Thing.

Little disclaimer: Sorry about the ridiculously depressing post yesterday. It was depressing but like I said, it needs to be in the media's attention. Take their advice and write to anyone in power in your community, state, and especially the nation's capital.

Today was a generally good day, aside from starting off with me being absolutely exhausted from only getting 4 hours of sleep. There was really no reason at all for how little sleep I got, but I'll tell you now, I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight. Yay for classes that start at 11 tomorrow!!

Pops was great today. We sang through One Day More from Les Miserables, and it was so epically awesome that it just made me want to do Les Mis at some point in my life. Maybe a tour. Maybe a revival. That would surly be EPIC!!

Acting, meh. Rep class, meh. Art History, meh. Idk. I guess as the day kept going on I just became more and more indifferent to my classes. I did show up to them all, though, which is good. (I have yet to skip a class this semester, so seeing as there are only 3 more weeks of classes, I'd say that's pretty freaking good).

SPEAKING OF!!! ONLY 3 MORE WEEKS!

I cannot even begin to describe how badly I want this school year to be over. The only thing that is slightly concerning is the fact that I will be finishing my freshman year of college. Seriously, where does the time go?

I feel like I should still be 12 years old, living in Wisconsin, short and pudgy and still slightly immature. When did I get taller and become smarter and grow in maturity and in mind? I feel as though my life is racing by and that I don't even have time to register the change before I'm already done with another year of school. It's frightening to think that I only have 3 more years of school left after this one has concluded. My entire life, school has always just been there, another step to climb before my "real" life starts.

When I was younger, I couldn't wait to be out of the hell hole that was grade school, and now that I'm out, it's as if I would give anything to go back in. I know I'm certainly not ready for "real" life to begin. I'm a young freshman as it is, and therefore it makes sense for me to not necessarily feel up to facing the real world just yet. I suppose as college continues, I'll become more accustomed to the idea of going out on my own and finding work. In fact, I sincerely hope my feelings change. I see the current seniors, who are just weeks away from graduating and moving to large cities where they'll do slews of auditions, and they're all just so ready to be out there. I have to have faith that by the time I'm a senior, I will be just as ready as them to get out. Because right now, I'm just immature enough to be scared out of my wits of the real world.

I'm certainly not ready the way I am now, technically, financially nor emotionally, to begin that stage of my life (hence college), so I have to have faith in myself that I'll get there.

Back to reality!! I just did a homework assignment that was technically due at 9, but I totally forgot, so I just got it done. Yay! I hope my professor accepts it...

Hooray for college.

HPRT: The pope doesn't like Harry Potter. Well, guess what, pope? Harry Potter doesn't like you back.
Current Song: Your Song by ALL CAPS
Current Book: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

No comments:

Post a Comment