Saturday, April 7, 2012

Downton Abbey

Have you ever watched a show that has captured your attention immediately and has held you captive for so long that you form an irrational obsession with it?

Sound normal? Good, me too.

Right now I'm doing a re-watch of Downton Abbey and it's quite ridiculous how much I love these characters. I can't pretend that I don't feel that way about other shows I watch, such as Sherlock and Fringe and Castle (because, let's face it, I have unhealthy obsessions with those shows too) but right now the flavor of the moment is Downton Abbey. I think it's partially because I am in an Advanced Costume Construction class and I'm thinking about my final project and the costumes on that show are just so effing beautiful and way too ornate to be real, but I'm just eating this show up! Seriously, if you haven't watched that show, please please please do. You don't know what you're missing.

Sorry that I've been failing BEDA. It's Easter weekend and I have so much homework and memorizing to do that I almost don't think I'll survive this week. We'll see what happens. Perhaps I'll have a fun story or two for tomorrow's post, if I remember to write at all.

HPRT: If you aren't sure if you're sold on watching Downton Abbey, I can tell you that Maggie Smith (McGonagall) plays literally the most hilarious character on that show. Her one-liners are priceless.
Current Book: Mackers still
Current Song: Downton Abbey theme

No comments:

Post a Comment