Monday, April 2, 2012

BEDA Day 2

I just realized you guys. This is my 100th post! I wish I had something a lot more interesting to commemorate 100 posts of my most likely boring life, but sadly I just have a run-down of what happened today. Perhaps some of my later posts will be more interesting.

While I wait for my current episode of Game of Thrones to load, I guess I'll take these last 40 minutes to blog for BEDA!

Today was rather stressful, in that I actually went to class this morning, on time at 8am, and then had to leave before it was over to go to a performance. The musical theatre department was invited to perform at a monthly meeting for an organization at the university called OLLI, which is a program for older citizens in my town to audit classes at the college, and get involved in a number of ways in the academic life here. So we put together a program and took it over to one of the hotels on College Street, and while it wasn't difficult to perform, logistically it was just a bit stressful, since I had to work around my classes and totally skip my Geography class (not that I'm complaining, I utterly abhor that class anyway). The only good things about this morning were the fact that I finally, FINALLY am finished with my corset! I'm sure pictures will come soon, but right now it's sitting safely in my box at school. I haven't tried it on yet, fully laced and everything, but I'm sure it will look great! It seems to fit me perfectly. And secondly, I had a really good voice lesson after the performance. (For those of you wondering what I sang, it was "I Could Have Danced All Night" from My Fair Lady.)

BFA was fine, but production studio was actually really cool because my professor taught me the basics of operating the light board! Today they were focusing the lights for Sylvia in class, so instead of just having to stand on a ladder to balance it out, I got to be out in the house pressing buttons and turning the lights on and off. You would think that that would be totally boring, but since they were setting multiple beams of lights, it was actually a little confusing at times and I had to keep straight what lights were done on each line set. I rather enjoyed it, though. I've lately come to realize that I really enjoy lights. Maybe I should explore that some next year if I have the time.

I'm pretty exhausted, and I totally copped out on my video today, which I feel really bad about since I took the time to write this, but trying to film, edit, and upload a video takes so much longer than writing out a blog post. Especially since the internet at my apartment is just unbearably slow at uploading anything to YouTube. So alas, this post will really just have to do for today.

Hope your Mondays were fulfilling!

HPRT: I could really use the Langlock spell that Snape made up. My roommate is being awfully loud in the living room and it's 11:30. Manners!
Current Book: Still Macbeth. It really won't change until after we're done with these scenes.
Current Song: Any Way You Want It by Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment