Monday, August 8, 2011

My Cleverbot Experience

Everyone has one, right? And if you don't, go now!!

Anyway, two nights ago I went to the Cleverbot website, after having seen a couple screen shots of people's conversations on tumblr, and I wanted to try it out myself.

So I typed in "After all this time?" I was trying to get it to say "Always," like in the Prince's Tale, but it wasn't picking up on the reference, because it gave me this response: "Yeah I think it is time to sleep for you." It was around 3am when this happened, so that was valid xD

But anyway, I decided on my third try to just keep having a conversation with it, and I asked it if it'd read Harry Potter. It said some of them, so I asked which ones. It said the first four. So I told it to read Deathly Hallows and it asked me how. I said there were probably audiobooks on iTunes or something. So then it said, and I quote. "Thanks! What does this have to do with Pepsi, though?"

And I was like... "I didn't mention Pepsi." And it said, "Neither did I." And... well...

Let's just say I had a childish argument with an AI. Yup.

HPRT: Pottermore is SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE IT.
Current Book: I guess I'll read another play today. TBD.
Current Song: Get Back to Hogwarts from AVPM

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, I so just went on the Cleverbot website. You should check out what the convo was. Its about to go up on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I found your blog through Kristina Horner and then clicking a few times on 'next blog'. btw i think ur blog page banner is quite awesome :)

    ReplyDelete